What I Leared From My Toddler appears every Friday at freelancewritingmamas.com.
By Terez Howard
Who knew that the highlight of a visit to the aquarium would be face painting? The moment that Micah saw that she could get her face painted, that was all she begged to do. Forget about the sharks and jellyfish. This girl wanted her face painted.
After a great deal of deliberation, she chose the cheetah design. I suggested we ask the artists if they could make her a pink cheetah since pink was her favorite color of the week.
You? A pink cheetah?
No, you don’t need to run to Wal-Mart and buy a face painting set. You might get a few double takes in the office. Even if you’re in a home office, your family might be concerned when they see you looking like a pink cheetah.
Instead, think outside the box. How can you be different?
- Arrange to barter your services.
- Have a contest and free giveaways.
- Try a new form of marketing, like social marketing. Start a blog. Do a Youtube video.
- Make a connection with your competition and learn from each other. Maybe, the two of you could collaborate on something.
- Encourage other people to join you in a challenge, like blogging every day for a month.
- Lastly, do your job well. (It’s a given, but I had to mention it).
My toddler teaches
Micah was too proud about being a pink cheetah. She ran all through the Cheesecake Factory with her wild face.
Be proud of being different. Step out of your comfort zone.
About the author
Terez Howard operates TheWriteBloggers, a professional blogging service which builds clients’ authority status and net visibility.