By Jael Strong
Because the internet is an ever-changing place, negotiating the ins and outs of what should be simple tasks can be daunting. Last week, Terez pointed out how to decide which blogs are comment-worthy. But is there a right way to comment on a blog? Absolutely!
- Read before you comment! Don’t just skim. This means that blog commenting does take time. You don’t want to leave a nonsensical comment simply because you didn’t take the time to read.
- Leave a thought provoking comment or follow-up question. Leaving two word comments or simply advertising for your business is a sure way to alienate others. Remember, contribute to the flow of the conversation. By doing so, you become part of the community, not an disruptive outsider!
- Check back. Yes, this takes time. However, many blogs have a box that can be checked that will allow all follow-up comments to be sent to your e-mail. A meaningful connection can be formed if you continue as part of the conversation.
- Be honest and sincere. Don’t simply try to flatter the blogger. Giving praise has its place, but people can sense it when your simply trying to get in their good graces.
- Be courteous to other commenters. Everybody has the right to express their thoughts. Read and respond accordingly.
These are just a few “dos” when it comes to blog commenting. What would you include as an absolute must when it comes to blog commenting?
Jael Strong is a writer for TheWriteBloggers, a company dedicated to creating professional blogging content for increased internet visibility.